Another incredible event by the LA Food and Wine as we attended the burger throw down on Friday night and then the weekend day sessions. Burger winners below as there was a lot of red meat with some veggie options and a great mix of wine, cocktails and spirits.
- First place: Goldburger (Chef Allen Yelent)
- Second place: Lineage (Chef Sheldon Simeon)
- Third place: Everson Royce Bar (Chef Matt Molina)
Saturday day was my favorite event with a fabulous assortment of some of LA’s best chefs and Favorites (hence LA Faves & Craves). From some Asian influences, lobster rolls, other seafood dishes, tacos and more, we were stuffed. Pez, Michaels and Slapfish were some top choices.
Sunday’s brunch theme specialized with a mix of breakfast and brunch dishes with more wine and spirits. The food was very unique and not as high end as the day before.
Culinary stars to shine their light on L.A.’s epic food culture
at 9th annual Los Angeles Food & Wine, August 22-25
Tickets now available a la carte at lafw.com
LOS ANGELES (July 29, 2019) – In a collision of cuisine and culture, Southern California’s number-one food and wine festival, Los Angeles Food & Wine, is ramping up to its ninth rendition, August 22-25. Festival-goers will rub shoulders with the nation’s hottest chefs during the four-day epicurean extravaganza, with events spanning the City of Angels. Fans of fine food can score tickets a la carte at lafw.com.
Among the culinary supernovas on the festival marquee are the legendary Jeremiah Tower (“The Last Magnificent”), native Angelenos Nancy Silverton, Jet Tila and Alvin Cailan, and several celebrity chefs who have made the city their own, like Curtis Stone, Tim Hollingsworth and Antonia Lofaso. The festival will also showcase wines from across California and the world.
Los Angeles Food & Wine launches Thursday evening with a series of dinners at restaurants across the city. The action then shifts to the historic Barker Hangar at Santa Monica Airport, one of LA’s premier event spaces, for the rest of the weekend. Among the 14 culinary star-studded events:
- The Legends Dinner at Chi SPACCA: The widely credited father of California cuisine Jeremiah Tower joins queen of the Mozza-Plex Nancy Silverton at her white-hot Chi SPACCA. This epic, one-night-only pairing promises a lifetime of bragging rights to the 40 festival-goers fortunate enough to snag a ticket.
- Dinner at Otium: Fans of Netflix’s “The Final Table” can pull up a chair to watch 2018 season winner Tim Hollingsworth share the spotlight with rising star chef Travis Swikard at Hollingsworth’s downtown masterpiece, The Broad museum-adjacent Otium.
- The Epic Burger Throwdown with Alvin Cailan: In a city known for great burgers, the best are going bun to bun to win the coveted LAFW Golden Burger Show Trophy. Host Alvin Cailan, star of YouTube’s “The Burger Show,” will join celebrity judges Seth Rogen, Tiffani Thiessen and Adam Richman in this juicy battle of the beef.
- LA’s Faves & Craves: In one short stroll, festival-goers can take in the breathtaking diversity of L.A.’s culinary landscape as the city’s own Jet Tila hosts a showcase of the most crave-worthy dishes of 25 local chefs. L.A’s finest tacos, pizza, hot dogs, donuts, fried chicken and a wealth of Asian-inspired specialties will all share one location for one afternoon only.
- Meat Me at LAFW’s Great Steak-out & BBQ: Meat master Curtis Stone of Gwen Butcher Shop & Restaurant and 25 other great tamers of the flame are bringing their A+ game to LAFW. Surf, sides, caviar and Big Cabs will complement the slabs at this event evoking the nation’s greatest steakhouses and BBQ joints.
- Sunday Brunch So Hard: Those lucky enough to score one of the very limited VIP tickets to LAFW’s grand finale enjoy rare pre-event access to Jeremiah Tower, the illustrious self-taught chef dubbed “The Last Magnificent” by Anthony Bourdain. Standard tickets are anything but shabby, too, at the culinary legend’s brunch-to-end-all-brunches.
Find a full event listing here.
The 9th annual Los Angeles Food & Wine welcomes best in class partners like Chase Private Client, Food & Wine magazine, Guinness, Suntory Whiskey and Bulleit Whiskey, among others.
For tickets and more information, visit lafw.com.
Photos above by Stephanie Parkinson
About Prodigal Events, LLC:
Prodigal Events, LLC (Prodigal), creates unique experiential opportunities in the hospitality, entertainment, and experiential world. Prodigal produces two of the world’s most loved and recognized culinary events, Pebble Beach Food & Wine and the Los Angeles Food & Wine Festival, both recognized for the curation of the highest caliber of culinary and wine talents to create once-in-a-lifetime experiences.