Hidden within the Mandalay Bay Hotel, Aureole is much like the critically acclaimed Aureole in New York City – sophisticated, modern and stunning.
“Aureole” is located at Mandalay Bay, 3950 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV 89119 (702).632.7401
Hidden within the Mandalay Bay Hotel, Aureole is much like the critically acclaimed Aureole in New York City – sophisticated, modern and stunning. With an amazing four-story wine cellar accompanied by “Wine Angels” that navigate on cables through the towers selection of 2,000 wines, patrons will recall the image of Tom Cruise in a scene from Mission Impossible while having a casual drink and light nibbles at the cigar bar in the Aureole Lounge. In the Swan Court, there are live swans swimming under a cascading waterfall that gives a more personalized experience with the possibility to have cocktails or dessert out by the lagoon. The Main Dining Room has the décor and ambiance for a most memorable evening of dining out.
There is an extensive wine list that is completely computerized on what Aureole calls the “E Wine Book.” This over-sized palm pilot takes you through each wine and its region and has updated wine reviews for you to look over with helpful advice from the staff. We recommend the Flor de Pingus 1999 (Bordeaux) and Witness Tree 1999 (Pinot Noir).
The service is amazing! Everyone from our waiter to Brian the restaurant manager and Andrew, the wine director were very polite, helpful and very knowledgeable.
- Salmon Tartar with Shallot Sauce served on an endive leaf – simply melts in your mouth!
- Salad of Baby Romaine and Heirloom Tomatoes (feta cheese, nicoise olives and a Dijon lemon vinaigrette) – zesty but not overbearing
- Braised Artichoke and Asparagus Salad (tiny opal basil and lemon vinaigrette) – if you are into something light and natural, this is it
- House Smoked Atlantic Salmon (potato cucumber salad with whole grain mustard vinaigrette) – beautiful presentation and quite flavorful
- Crisp Sautéed Atlantic Salmon (lobster and asparagus risotto with coulis or simply-grilled with select steamed vegetables) – A house favorite
- Grilled Filet Mignon with Yukon Gold Potato Gratin (chanterelle mushrooms and a cabernet reduction sauce) – Meat lovers delight!
- Oven Roasted Day Boat Halibut with Tiny Mussels (julienne of vegetables and a saffron broth) – A light dish, perfect for a hot night
- Pan Seared Quail with Roasted Foie Gras Terrine (citrus risotto, summer vegetables and natural juices) – Amazing taste and presentation
- Milk Chocolate Fondant with Blood Orange Sorbet – I cannot express how amazing this is!
- Butterscotch Walnut Tart with Café Mocha Ice Crème – A nice nutty – mocha flavoring not too sweet
- “Our Angels” Pineapple & Lime Angel Food Cake with Pineapple Daiquiri Granite and Pineapple Caramel – This was a surprise and worth it
- Butterscotch Pudding Cake with Caramelized Bananas – If you love bananas, this is for you
The whole experience was worth it. You should definitely give yourself time to enjoy each coarse and it’s presentation, soaking up all the atmosphere and personality that this restaurant has to offer. Aureole is usually packed with guest on weekdays and weekends. Patrons are either visiting Las Vegas or shopping at the Mandalay Bay Hotel and Casino. Charlie Palmer and restaurant designer Adam Tihany have created a space and concept that keeps curious on lookers tempted to check out what’s inside. Aureole can be the perfect romantic dinner spot, the impressive business luncheon or a wonderful night on the town with friends and family.