Greystone Mansion Concours d’Elegance Honors Anniversaries of
Ferrari and Lincoln
Exhibit of 135 Vintage Cars in Fifteen Classes
Beverly Hills, Calif. – Get ready for the eighth annual Greystone Mansion Concours d’Elegance coming May 7, 2017 to Doheny Greystone Estate, at 905 Loma Vista Drive, Beverly Hills, California. The City of Beverly Hills and Friends of Greystone partnered to bring this all-marquee judged Concours of pre-1974 vintage and classic automobiles exhibited by notable car collectors to the City’s enchanted estate which sits atop 18.3 acres encompassed by beautiful gardens. Also on display will be a full field of period motorcycles. Tickets can be purchased at www.greystoneconcours.org.
The Concours will honor the 100th anniversary of Lincoln Motorcars and the 70th anniversary of Ferrari, with 135 cars in fifteen categories, including Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar, Porsche, Rolls Royce, Corvette, Cadillac, Pre-War Classics, Post-War American, Post-War British, Post-War Sports, Grand Touring and Special Interest. In honor of Ferrari’s 70th anniversary, these models will be of great interest to car enthusiasts and aficionados:
- 1954 500 Mondial
- 1957 625/250 TRC (Testa Rossa)
- 1962 250 GT SWB
- 1962 250 GT SWB
- 1965 500 Superfast
- 1965 275 GTB
- 1965 275 GTB
- 1967 330 GTS
- 1968 330 GTC
- 1969 365 GT 2+2The all-inclusive ticket price of $135 includes:
- Rare access to the interior of the 46,000 square foot Doheny mansion
- Unlimited gourmet food from Truly Yours Catering
- Unlimited beverages and adult libations featuring Stella Artois and Stella Cidre, Asombroso Tequila, Tito’s Handmade Vodka, and Longshot Coffee and Espresso
- Lecture series and book signing
- Pop-up marketplace for shopping of automobilia, books, jewelry, clothing and more.
- Other highlights and activities-more- Beverly Hills is one of the world’s most sought-after locales. Centrally located in greater Los Angeles, Beverly Hills is a desirable residence and premier vacation and business travel destination. Within its 5.7 square mile radius, Beverly Hills has approximately 34,000 residents with a business and commercial base that ranks next to cities with a population of several hundred thousand. It boasts beautiful weather year-round, acclaimed full-service and boutique hotel accommodations, sumptuous dining and incomparable shopping. Synonymous with Hollywood glamour, Beverly Hills enjoys an international reputation as the home and playground of A-list movie stars. The city is not only known worldwide for its grand mansions and chic shops along Rodeo Drive, but also for its multitude of art and architecture, spas and salons, and exceptional walkability. For more information, view www.beverlyhills.org.
- About Doheny Greystone Estate (aka Greystone Mansion & Gardens: The Doheny Estate) Founded in 2001 and comprised solely of volunteers, the Friends of Greystone is a non-profit organization whose mission is to raise funds to restore, preserve and protect Doheny Greystone mansion. To date they have completed numerous restoration projects, including: historic oil painting that sits in the living room; boy’s north wing bathroom; main historic kitchen; mansion’s 100 door knob -more- artifacts and restoration of garden pergolas; breakfast dining set; and, Mr. Doheny’s master bedroom bath. The Friends of Greystone’s intention is to provide educational programs to students, residents of Beverly Hills, and the general public. All funds raised go exclusively to the benefit of Doheny Greystone Estate. For more information, view www.friendsofgreystone.org.
- project and pictorial self-guided room tour. Upcoming projects include: museum of Doheny family
- About Friends of Greystone
- Doheny Greystone Estate encompasses a 46,000 square foot mansion and formal gardens on 18.5 manicured acres. The Doheny family began building the estate in 1927 and construction was complete by 1930 at a cost of over $3 million. Southern California architect Gordon B. Kaufmann designed Greystone mansion and the P. J. Walker Company was the contractor. A significant portion of the Greystone grounds were sold to create Trousdale Estates. The remainder of the property and Greystone Mansion was purchased by the City of Beverly Hills in 1965 for $1.3 million. The grounds are open daily to the public. Group or private tours of the mansion interior are seasonal. The venue is available for private, corporate and non-profit event rental. Greystone has been the backdrop for countless movies and television shows, as well as high-profile special events.
- About Beverly Hills
- For more information and to purchase tickets, go to www.greystoneconcours.org.
- Founding sponsors for the Greystone Mansion Concours d’Elegance are Friends of Greystone and Gooding & Company. Silver Sponsors: Asombrosa Tequila, Auto Gallery, Bentley Beverly Hills/Aston Martin Beverly Hills (O’Gara Coach), Bouchon, BRM Watches, Chubb Insurance, City National Bank, KARMA Automotive, Meguiars, Montage Beverly Hills, Sotheby’s International Realty, Stella Artois (Annheuser Busch), Tito’s Handmade Vodka; Bronze Sponsors: Beverly Coachcraft, Beverly Hills Conference & Visitors Bureau, Burke Williams, Ferrari Beverly Hills, Ferrrari Financial, Harry’s Auto Collision Center, HVA, Lexus Motors, Longshot Coffee, Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel, TESLA Motors, Wheeler Dealers; Media Sponsors: Classic Car Seen, Highline Autos, LA Confidential, Sports Car Market, Vintage Motorsport, Vintage Roadcar, KABC 7.
- The Concours is endorsed by the “Federation Internationale des Vehicules Anciens (FIVA), the Historic Vehicle Association (HVA).
- Monies raised from Greystone Mansion Concours d’Elegance will support the non-profit organization, Friends of Greystone, whose priorities are to restore, preserve and protect the historic mansion and park.
- Purchase tickets at www.greystoneconcours.org