One in six children in America lives with hunger, including more than 1 in 5 kids in California. On May 4th, Los Angeles’ Taste of the Nation, an afternoon that brings together dozens of the best local chefs, sommeliers and mixologists for an incredible epicurean experience, all while raising the critical funds needed to end childhood hunger in California and across the US, will be taking place at Media Park in Culver City. One-hundred-percent of proceeds support the No Kid Hungry campaign’s work to end childhood hunger in America.
Local culinary titans Chef Dakota Weiss of Sweetfin Poké, Chef Nick Shipp of Upper West, and Chef Bruce Kalman of Knead & Co. Pasta Bar + Market, will be hosting the event, combining their passion while supporting the cause. LA’s Taste of the Nation is partnering with California Food Policy Advocates, the California Association of Food Banks, LA Food Bank, Westside Food Bank, Greater LA area school districts including Rialto Unified School District, Lawndale Unified School District, El Monte Union High School District, LA Promise Fund Charter Schools, and many others as well.
Highlights of exciting programming to look forward to at this family-friendly event:
- Sip on springtime libations crafted at the Cocktail Bar Gazebo featuring Buffalo Trace Bourbon, Heaven Hill Distillery, Fords Gin, Mulholland Distilling, and Tequila Partida.
- Taste incredible dishes prepared by local chefs from the following LA restaurants (list available here).
- A kids corner with lawn games like Jenga and bean bag toss, a Barbie Dream House and Hot Wheels track, along with music, face painting, and interactive stations led by pro-chef Valerie Gordon of where kids can become master cookie decorators and sandwich makers; all of which is sponsored by Chrysler Pacifica.
- The Giving Tree –a chance to donate to receive a variety of items like restaurant gift cards and more
- Bid on this year’s Silent Auction items, for a chance to win exclusive prizes like tickets to the premiere of Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw, tickets to Dancing with the Stars, a trip to Hawaii, dining experiences and more.
- VIP guests will experience a specially curated tasting by Chef Chris Bianco of the newly opened Tartine Bianco, plus a sweet treat from Chef Roxana Jullapat of Friends & Family.