LOS ANGELES TIMES THE TASTE CELEBRATES A
DECADE OF CALIFORNIA’S DIVERSE DINING SCENE THIS LABOR DAY WEEKEND
WHAT: LOS ANGELES TIMES THE TASTE 2019
Los Angeles Times The Taste is an annual food festival, now in its 10th year, celebrating the diverse and vibrant flavors of Southern California. Hosted by The Times’ editorial staff and featuring some of the city’s hottest chefs, restaurants and bars, The Taste returns to Paramount Pictures Studios over Labor Day weekend (August 30 – September 1), transforming the studio backlot into the ultimate epicurean pop-up and block party over three distinct evening events. Tickets ($115-190) are on sale now and grant access to unlimited tastings from the hottest pop-ups, collaborations and pairings from chefs and restaurants around the city.
The Collins College of Hospitality Management and L.A. Regional Food Bank return as The Taste’s adopted charity beneficiaries for the 2019 event.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL EVENTS AT THE TASTE ARE 21 YEARS AND OLDER ONLY
WHEN: FRIDAY, AUGUST 30 – SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 1
EVENTS: The Times’ 10th annual food and wine festival will showcase chefs and restaurants who have helped make Los Angeles one of the most exciting places in the world to dine and will feature three distinct events:
FRIDAY, AUGUST 30 (7:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.)
- Duo Paola Da Re and Giorgia Sinatra (Pasta Sisters) and Chiara Soldati (La Scolca) talk about all things wine during a very special Italian cooking demonstration.
- A wine “Tour De France” featuring Ira Norof (Southern Glazer’s), Erin Landsberg (American Wine & Spirits) and Troy Chappel (Southern Glazer’s).
- The LA Times Wine Club and America’s wine expert Mark Oldman shares wine tips, tricks and secrets you really need to know.
- LA Times’ very own Food Columnist Lucas Kwan Peterson wraps up night one with a Mystery Taste Extravaganza.
Samplings from restaurants include: Aquí es Texcoco, Bibigo Kitchen, Church & State, Gus’s Famous Fried Chicken, INKO NITO, Izakaya Osen, L’Antica Pizzeria da Michele, Lady M Cake Boutique, Le Grand, Love and Salt, Ma’am Sir, McConnell’s Fine Ice Cream, Noree Thai on Beverly, Otium, Pop’s Bagels, Salazar, Tacos 1986, Tar & Roses, Tumbi Craft Indian Kitchen, Wurstküche and more.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 31 (7:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.)
- LA Times’ Cooking Editor Genevieve Ko showcases bold Indian flavors with Pawan, Nakul & Arjun Mahendro (Badmaash).
- Hot Chicken takeover with Kim Prince (Hotville Hot Chicken) and LA Times’ fried chicken aficionado and Senior Food Writer Jenn Harris.
- “Drinking and Thinking” conversation and tasting featuring Ira Norof (Southern Glazer’s) and Wes Hagen (J. Wilkes Wines).
- Sake 101 with Courtney Kaplan (Ototo and Tsubaki) and LA Times’ Jenn Harris.
Samplings from restaurants include: About Last Knife, Baltaire, Cal Mare, Employees Only, Faith & Flower, Granville, Kali, LN2, Madre, Mister O’s, Nic’s on Beverly, Ocean Prime Beverly Hills, Roberta’s Pizza, Sosta, VCHOS Truck, Viviane, Wanderlust Creamery, Wurstküche, Yardbird Southern and more.
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 1 (7:30p.m. – 10:30p.m.)
- Dive into Los Angeles’ hottest street food sensation with Jorge Alvarez-Tostado and Victor Delgado (Tacos 1986) and LA Times’ Jenn Harris.
- Chris Bianco (Tartine Bianco) makes all your bread dreams come true with LA Times’ Deputy Food Editor Andrea Chang.
- Explore the world of Spanish-inspired cuisine and tapas with Teresa Montaño (Otoño) and LA Times’ Staff Writer Amy Scattergood.
- A conversation about “Women in Wine” featuring Ira Norof (Southern Glazer’s), Chiara Soldati (La Scolca) and Lora Tagliarina (Coastal Pacific Wine & Spirits).
- Tobin Shea (Redbird) stirs up the perfect mocktail with LA Times’ Staff Writer Amy Scattergood.
Samplings from restaurants include: Apollonia’s Pizzeria, Astro Doughnuts & Fried Chicken Truck, Banh Oui, The Bazaar by José Andrés, BOURBON Steak Los Angeles, Chao Krung. Chichen Itza, EVE, Gabi James, Holbox, HomeState, Jitlada, The Manufactory, Pasta Sisters, Same Same, Yours Truly and more.
For a detailed description of each event and full lineup of participating chefs and restaurants, visit http://extras.latimes.com/taste/.
For the second year in a row, The Taste will travel to Costa Mesa for three events over two days on Friday, October 18 and Saturday, October 19. Stay tuned for the programming lineup to be announced in September.
WHERE: PARAMOUNT PICTURES STUDIOS BACKLOT
783 N. Van Ness St.
Los Angeles, CA 90038
Friday, August 30th (7:30p.m. – 10:30p.m.) – $115 (GA) – $190 (VIP)
Saturday, August 31st (7:30p.m. – 10:30p.m.) – $115 (GA) – $190 (VIP)
Sunday, September 1st (7:30p.m. – 10:30p.m.) – $115 (GA) – $190 (VIP)
To purchase tickets, visit http://extras.latimes.com/taste/